The Loans Middle Office team is responsible for the operational management of the EMEA loan portfolio. In this role you will be working closely with primary trading desk, investment banking, the secondary loan trading desks and other internal support functions within the organisation. You will ensure all operational risks are addressed and managed during due diligence, ensuring the successful closure of transactions and ongoing management of the EMEA portfolio.
In this role, you will:
* Work closely with a loan origination and structured lending business as well as internal and external legal teams and agent banks.
* Help coordinate the closing process of new primary transactions, from both the perspective of agency roles, possible syndication activity and as part of a syndicate.
* Detailed review of loan documentation from an operations perspective, to ensure all potential risks are captured.
* Help manage and develop the Operations process to increase efficiency, monitor accuracy and timeliness, and strengthen controls.
* Help review and assess operational risks on structured transactions and implement strategies to manage them;
* Work closely with the Mumbai servicing team to ensure the accuracy and smooth running of settlements and the servicing of the loan portfolio.
* Understand the business and the risk framework, working intensively with the business to assist its growth and ensure compliance.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
* Ideally some experience in loan operations, covering primary settlement but also servicing experience is beneficial.
* Secondary closing experience is not required but beneficial
* Ideally familiarity with and comfort in reviewing loan documentation.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Self motivator with the ability to multi task and self prioritize.
* LoanIQ experience is beneficial but not required
* Attention to detail
* Proactive and inquisitive
* Flexible and enthusiastic
* Eagerness to learn